Recently adjustable beds have been getting a lot of attention from people who want to improve the quality of their sleep and their lives. Still, it can be difficult for consumers to look at this largely unfamiliar product and make a good decision about which make and model would best suit their own preferences and needs. On this page we’ll take a look at a few of the top adjustable bed brands to see what each has to offer. These brands are our first choices, but they only represent a small part of the total selection available. This list will show you what qualities and features set these models apart from others on the market. We’ll look at 3 top brands and compare what they have to offer.
The data in this comparison comes from BestMattress-Reviews.org’s recent report. This review blog looked at 7 top retailers and analyzed the factors that customers care about the most: price, durability, warranty, health benefits, and feedback in customer reviews. This blog compared (in alphabetical order) Amerisleep, Costco, Craftmatic, Golden Rest, Sleep Comfort, and Tempurpedic. The top three retailers in this list were Amerisleep, Sleep Comfort and Tempurpedic, and those are the ones that we will be looking at.
Top 3 Brands of Adjustable Beds
|Brand||Durability||Warranty||Price||Consumer Ratings||Health Benefits||Total|
Let’s take a look at these top 3 brands in detail, and see how they compare to each other. Each offers its own lines of adjustable beds as well as different options for mattresses. Specific features are important in your decision-making process of course, but for the purposes of this article we’re going to focus on more general aspects such as overall quality.
This online retailer sells both adjustable bed bases and memory foam plant-based mattresses. Their selection includes the Invincible and Pursuit by Ergo, and the S-Cape and Prodigy from Leggett and Platt. You can buy the bases separately or in combination with the mattresses.
- Reviews: Amerisleep got an overall consumer rating of 4.5 stars, putting it in the top position. The reviews on their website are verified by a third party, and give an average rating of 4.7 to 5.0.
- Durability: The adjustable bases have both UL and ISO9001 certification, and the critical components are covered by warranty. There was no pattern of problems regarding service or durability evident in the reviews.
- Warranty: Amerisleep beds have an overall warranty period of 20 years – comparable to other brands in this industry. The Ergo offers a full year of full coverage, 2 years of full coverage for the motor, and five years of full coverage for parts. The rest is prorated.
- Prices: Amerisleep’s adjustable bed bases are competitively priced, with the least expensive being the Pursuit at 949 dollars. Of all the retailers, Amerisleep has the lowest price at the entry level, and they offer promotions through the year.
This company offers both adjustable bases and mattresses, and you can purchase by phone. The selection includes the Symphony, Simplicity, Prodigy and Monarch from Leggett & Platt. You can buy bases separately or with mattresses as sets.
- Reviews: It’s not easy to find customer reviews by owners online for these beds. The website has “testimonials” but these are not open or verified. Reviews off the main site are generally good, with some complaints about issues with the remotes or mattress comfort.
- Durability: These adjustable bases received a durability rating of 4. There were some minor complaints in reviews about durability, but all models complied with necessary certification requirements.
- Warranty: These beds come with lifetime warranties, covering parts (excluding shipping and labor).
- Prices: The prices are not published by Sleep Comfort, and customers are supposed to call for the price if they are interested. It’s possible that this allows a good bargainer to bring down the price somewhat, but it also allows salespeople to overcharge less savvy customers. BedEd.org says that prices range between 1900 and 4400 dollars, according to sources online.
This is a familiar brand name, and you can buy their products through dealers or online. At the moment the Tempur Ergo Basic is the only adjustable bed on offer here, but the Ergo Premier is on the way in the near future.
- Reviews: The website’s reviews of the Basic give it an average of 3 out of 5 stars.
- Durability: Standard certifications come with this collection. Some customers complained of issues with durability arising after the full warranty coverage period ended.
- Warranty: This collection comes with a 20 year warranty, but only the first year gives full coverage. The first three years fully cover the parts.
- Price: This brand is known for luxury, and the prices are usually noticeably higher than for comparable beds with other retailers. The lowest priced bed in this line is 12oo dollars.
Now that we’ve looked at these retailers in more detail, the Amerisleep is our top pick for overall value as well as for probable customer satisfaction. The functionality of the bases alone does not differ much from company to company – the biggest differences are in price and durability. Amerisleep offers better prices and good warranty coverage compared to its competitors. The fact that they include 3rd party verification of their reviews helps with credibility, as does the fact that the warranties are clear and the prices are published. When you’re making a big purchase online, transparency is very much appreciated!
Comparison Shopping for Adjustable Beds
Choosing the best adjustable bed for your own needs is not easy. When you’re thinking of buying bed like this, take the time to research each option in detail to see how it would fit into your home and lifestyle. A lot of different factors will influence your decision, and there’s no “one size fits all” solution. Budget is important of course, but it’s also important to get a high-quality product. Warranties can be confusing, so ask as many questions as you need to in order to feel confident that you know what is covered by warranty. This information on this page is meant only as a starting point for you to embark on your research. Make sure you are informed about what exactly you are buying.